“Mom’s House is not just a job, or a career – its a family. When you walk through the door you are with a team that is ready to fulfill our mission to celebrate life and empower two generations!
There is love, growth and support for all, not just the families we serve.”Melissa Herrold
Join our team!
Updated January 3, 2019
Mom’s House is expanding our Early Learning Program to bring in talented, passionate and committed community members wanting to make an impact for two generations.
Type: FT, M-F 7:00 am-4:30 pm
Reports To: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
* Maintain a safe, orderly, and secure classroom environment by providing quality care and continuous supervision and ensuring the safety and well-being of the children in his or her care at all times.
* Ensure that DHS regulations are followed.
* Complete monthly Illness and safety checklists and reports
* Create an implement Creative Curriculum approved lesson plans and activities.
* Maintain daily communication with parents through verbal and written documentation and conduct quarterly parent/teacher conferences to discuss child’s individual goals and progress.
* Evaluate classroom and individual progress by completing regular observations and assessments and recording outcomes.
* Complete as well as assist others in completing Ages and Stages developmental profiles and creative curriculum data recordings.
* Complete Ages and Stages developmental screening on newly enrolled children and meet with parents to discuss results with 45 days of enrollment.
* Perform general classroom maintenance duties to include cleaning and sanitizing, stocking materials, and equipment laundry etc.
* Maintain confidentiality of all staff, child, and family information as required by law and Agency policy and exercise appropriate discretion.
* Attend regular staff meetings.
* Complete training hours in accordance with licensing, accreditation and agency policy.
* Assist Program Director in: completing ITERS & ECERS as well as monthly, center wide Health and Safety Checklists.
Experience/Education: (candidates must meet 1 of the following criteria)
*Completion of an undergraduate program with a bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Including 30 credit hours in Early Childhood, Child Development, Special Education, Elementary Education, or the Human Services field with one year of experience working with children.
* An Associate Degree from an accredited college or university in Early Elementary, Early Childhood, Special Education, Child Development, or the Human Services field with three years of experience working with children.
* An Associate Degree from an accredited college or university including 30 credit hours in Early Elementary, Early Childhood, Special Education, Child Development or the Human Services field with three years of experience working with children.
* Child Development Associate (CDA) credentials or a Certified Childcare Professional (CCP) equivalent to 9 credit hours from an accredited college in Early Education or Child Development and 1 year of experience with children.
* A high school diploma or GED and 2 years documented working with children.
PTO time after 6 months; Vacation time after 12 months; Paid holidays; Paid lesson planning time weekly.